Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'M MAKING FORTY FABULOUS!

Cake from Darling Hubby via Henning's
April 23, 2012. Oh dear. I never thought this day would really come. And it has come and gone. Well, at least that day has come and gone. I could say a lot about it. How I feel. Physically. Mentally. But this post would be like pages long. So here is a short cap:
I am 40 years old - (That's the first time I have said that phrase - and it will be my last - lol!) I feel blessed to have an amazing husband and 2 absolutely adorable little girls. The friendships I have made will last me at least another 40 years. I feel great mentally and I don't think I look too shabby for my age either. I wouldn't change my life for anything or anyone.

So how have I embraced the new decade? Well let's see there was Vegas. Then there was an evening of cocktails and nibbles on Saturday night:
If all of our kids were with us there would have been 14.5 of them! 

Then there was a little flip flop extravaganza : )
I LOVE Tory Burch!

Then I shared my special day with these 2 monkeys : )
Here they are playing with their new toys (Squinkies and a Baby Doll).
Nothing like sharing the gift of presents on your birthday!

Then it was off to the The Beachside for a family dinner.

My FAVORITE Sundae!
And just how BIG is this Sundae?
The four of us could not polish it off : )
Really. I swear.

Back home . . . It was a Lulu and the New iPad
kind of evening.

So April 23, 2012 was a day that was filled with much LOVE and JOY. There is no other way I would have wanted to enter this next decade. I look forward to living it up this year! On that note I will say, "I'm not done celebrating." Why not take it to another continent? ; ) 

Here is a sneak peek:
Country Hotel #1

Country Hotel #2

Stay tuned! And thank you to everyone who made me feel extra special on my day!
I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

  1. You make 40 look amazing!!!!! I'm so happy that your day was special and look at those sandals. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday Jen... you can celebrate 40 all year, right?
    I'm cracking up at the flip flop extravaganza! What a fun celebration you had! xo

    ReplyDelete