Thursday, June 30, 2011

Back to Basics

The other evening I was thinking about how I was going to prepare the next night's salmon dinner. I knew I wanted something other than panko crusted or miso glazed or tomato based. Then it dawned on me. Why not go back to the basics? I adore cookbooks, cooking shows, cooking magazines, food blogs and well you get the picture. But lately I have definitely overlooked the simple and clean flavors of O'Naturale. Naked. Uncomplicated. Simple but not bland. Every meal doesn't need to have a recipe. Sometimes all the flavor you need is in your main attraction - you just need to add a little pinch of the basics.

Fresh caught Alaskan King Salmon - Compliments of hubby's fishing trip
I love the color of this salmon. And I am happy to know it's not artificial coloring.


Recipe (and I use this term loosely):
olive oil
lemon
salt & pepper

I love summer. The barbeque becomes my best friend.
So easy, light and full of natural freshness.
Let your food go naked! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment