Agave Nectar has been my new go-to sweetener these days. I love the light taste and I also love how it dissolves so quickly into recipes; especially cocktails : )
This recipe couldn't be simpler. I used raspberries and pineapple, but feel free to substitute with whatever fruit your heart desires! Here's what you'll need:
- At least 2 kinds of fruit (one will be used for the puree and the other(s) you will leave in small chunks)
- 1/2 cup water
- Agave Nectar
- Popsicle mold (or you can use any other small vesicle like Dixie cups).
- Popsicle sticks
- Take 2 pints of raspberries, 1/2 cup of water and Agave Nectar (measured to your ideal of sweetness) and bring to a gentle boil in a medium saucepan.
- Cool slightly and add to blender. Puree until smooth. I have a Vitamix that I LOVE. I think it purees better than a regular blender or food processor.
- At this point, I guess you could strain this puree to avoid the raspberry seeds. But I actually like the look of the seeds so I skipped this step.
- Add a couple of pieces of fresh pineapple (cut into small chunks) to your popsicle mold.
- Fill mold half way with raspberry puree, drop in more pineapple then finish off with puree.
- Secure the lid, add your sticks and transfer to freezer. If you don't use a type of mold with a lid, make sure to secure your popsicle sticks by using plastic wrap or foil as the cover with the sticks poking out.
- To un-mold, dip tray into warm water for a few seconds. If using Dixie cups, you can just peel away the paper.
|I think I need to invest in some cuter molds. Maybe star shaped or the classic missile shape.|
Find some cute kids to be your taste testers. I happened to have these two hanging around ; )
Next time, maybe I'll choose a fruit that's not red...if you know what I mean!