Sunday, February 28, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

Last Thursday David & I flew off to Las Vegas for 4 days while my parents watched Sophia and Kalista. This was our first getaway since Kalista was born. David and Greg (fellow resident) attended a conference during the days while Greg's wife, Elizabeth, and I had a fabulous time shopping and relaxing at the spa in the Bellagio. Oh and we re-learned how to play craps and did a pretty good job!
Bellagio decorated for Chinese New Year

One night we all dined at Michael Mina. David & I orderd the Cookbook Tasting Menu and it was superb! The menu: Ahi Tuna Tartare, Loster Pot Pie, Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass and Kobe Rib Eye. Oh and the desserts - Yummy! I only took a picture of the dessert because I didn't want to look like a weirdo snapping pics of all my food.

Coconut S'more, Mini Rootbeer Float and Opera Cake

The last night was like our date night and David & I dined at Japonais. The menu: Spicy Mono (spicy octopus roll topped with spicy tuna tartare), the Rock (thinly sliced marinated New York steak which we cooked on a hot rock presentation), and Le Quack Japonais (maple leaf smoked ducked served mushu style). Everything was elegant and very tasty to the palate!

No comments:

Post a Comment