Tuesday, August 30, 2011

MIRAVAL

I dedicate this post to my loving husband, David. This post would never exist if it weren't for you. Thank you for having me take the time to take care of myself.
I LOVE YOU!

I just spent 4 glorious days at the coveted destination retreat - Miraval in Tucson, Arizona. My girlfriend, Marcy, was able to experience this wonderful getaway with me. We had this trip planned for months and couldn't believe it when the time had finally arrived. 

Four days of unlimited workouts (which kicked my butt), gourmet meals around the clock (seriously, it's all inclusive and they have to-go containers just sitting there begging to be filled up and there is a gourmet coffee and smoothie bar - oh I could go on and on), numerous spa treatments, poolside relaxation and a cocktail here and there. We were spoiled rotten! 

For those who know me well, know that I am not really the mind, body, spirit kind of gal. At least not all at once. But there is something about Miraval that had me focused and connected to all 3 elements. I can't really explain it. You just need to experience the journey yourself to understand. I'm already looking forward to next year. That's right! This is going to be an annual Mind-Body-Spirit cleansing!

As soon as we checked in, we wasted no time and headed off to the pool.

Our peaceful suite.

Cheers to our first night at Miraval!
Skinny Girl Margs

Now for the food . . . 
Which, by the way, has the calorie count listed for everything!
And I'm not sure how they do it, but they pack a lot of flavor into these healthy meals.
Eating here made me realize just how portion size has gotten out of control in restaurants!
300 calorie gnocchi? How did they do it?!
Also around 300 calories - Shrimp Risotto
Barbeque Chicken Flatbread - TO DIE FOR
When it's all inclusive and you can't decide?
You order one of everything!
Tiramisu, Apple Cobbler and Deconstructed Banana Split
(Not one of these was over 250 calories)
One of my buffet lunch creations.
Spinach salad with grilled chicken and shrimp, tuna nicoise and pork pozole.
Everything in the buffet had a calorie count to along with portion size.
50 calorie cookies?!
I swear they tasted no different than any other rich and decadent cookie!
I just sampled a couple because I think it would have defeated the purpose.  : )

Next stop . . . SPA
Nothing like sharing a relaxing massage with your Bestie!
Refreshed and rejuvenated!
Waiting for the next treatment : )

Until next time, Miraval!
Marcy - I can't wait for my "A-Ha" moment to arrive! ; )

3 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like you had such a magical time!! I loved looking at all of your wonderful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks perfect! Great start to a new school year, well done :)

    ReplyDelete