Thursday, February 10, 2011

So much for the FLU shot...

Need I say more?! Oh, but I will since it's 12:35 am and I am awake and I am on my 4th load of laundry. Where do I even begin? Tuesday morning I walked into the girls' room only to be greeted by a horrible smell. Poor Kalista had thrown up sometime during the night and slept in it. Needless to say lots of laundry and deep cleaning happened that morning. Then by mid-afternoon the hubby was throwing up too. Oh dear! By that evening, I was down for the count. I was actually down through Wednesday evening. David, thank God, bounced back very quickly and took care of the family. Then this evening it happened, victim #4...poor Sophia. 

With all this being said I must post these 2 pictures. No, not pictures of my sick family but of the 2 items that saved Sophia and Kalista's mattresses:
 I realize it's not very attractive since it covers the pretty linen.
But I am so glad I put it on! I originally put it on because Kalista
was wetting the bed even with night time diapers.
I originally put these on in case of a night time accident. 
Little did I think that there was more than one kind of accident.
I lined Sophia's mattress with 2 of these protectors to create
a bigger surface area. These are great and a total mattress saver.
And unlike Kalista's protector, you can't see this one.
Line the mattress followed by a mattress pad then the fitted sheet.

You can find these items at One Step Ahead. Just type 'mattress protector' in the search box.

Now I am off to bed because who knows what tomorrow will bring. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry Jenn (and family). We all had it at Christmas and it was Horrible. At least the kids' bedding was saved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so sad for the sick family. I LOVE the ultimate sheet protector. Good call from the mama who always has the best advice. Miss you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are on the mend!!!

    ReplyDelete