Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Mommy's Letter

My Dearest Sophia Grace,
Where do I even begin? I am amazed you will be turning 3 years old next week! Long before you came into my world, I thought my life was exactly the way it was meant to be...successful career, moved to a beautiful city, married the man of my dreams, traveled on a whim and the list goes on.
Then on August 9, 2007 you were born and the meanings in my life changed. A long time ago I couldn't imagine life without your father. Now I am so honored to stand corrected - I can't imagine life without you as well as your father (and Kalista of course, but that's a different letter).
You have brought me more joy than I could have ever imagined. Although parents are to teach their children life's lessons, I think the roles have been reversed. So I want to thank you for teaching me some important values I had forgotten or maybe misplaced for awhile; one of which is patience. It comes in different forms and there is one specifically geared toward children. : )
Everyday is a new page in your book of life. I promise to help you make every page as bright and memorable as you've made my life. I look forward to watching you grow-up (not too fast) and becoming a beautiful young lady.

I Love You Sophia Grace!
~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment