Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September 17th

Happy birthday to the greatest man I was lucky enough to have in my life.

Dear Daddy,

Happy birthday. Oh how my heart aches on occasions like this one. It's hard to genuinely smile throughout the day. But memories of you help bring a twinkle to my eyes and heart. 

You are 77 today and you should still be here on this Earth. But you're not. I should be calling you to wish you the best. But I'm not. I should have sent you the latest and greatest gadget. But I didn't. For some unknown reason life had a different plan for you and therefore, me as well.

I can never fill the void that was left behind when you passed. But that is okay because it means I am still alive. And sometimes that's enough to help me get through the day.

Cheers to you, Daddy. 

I Love You,

Jennifer

1 comment: