This is my latest creation courtesy of Pinterest via one of my DIY, Gifts & Party Favors boards. Coasters. Not the beer - just for clarification : )
Here is all you need:
- Cut scrapbook paper to just less than 4x4. This way you don't have any overhang when pasting.
- Brush Mod Podge onto clean tiles. I wiped my tiles clean with rubbing alcohol.
- Carefully align your cut paper onto tile. Press firmly working your way from the center outward. I suggest using some type of small flat edge scraper, like you would use for all wall papering, to help smooth out the paper. But it's not necessary.
- Brush a light layer of Mod Podge onto the decorated tile. You can use as many coats as you like but just make sure you wait about 15-20 minutes between each coat. I used 2 coats.
- After tiles have dried, spray paint with a clear coat.
- Apply felt to bottom. You can also use cork.
- Pour a drink and place on top : )
A great gift idea!
DIY projects are fun! Looking forward to turning Kalista's crib into this:
|Photo from Ohdeedoh|