Monday, August 24, 2015

"La, la, la, la, la. I can't hear you."

These. Three. Words.

I realize I fall within the minority for what I am about to proudly admit, but I am just going to be honest: I AM NOT READY FOR SCHOOL TO START.

There, I said it and I meant it. Summer break was too short. And no, it's not because I had my kids in a camp every week and therefore didn't see them. In fact, they were with me almost all summer (minus 3 camps for Sophia and 1 for Kalista). 

And before any judgement is passed: MY KIDS ARE NOT PERFECT NOR AM I. They are not angels. But they are not devils either. They are just kids who laugh, roll their eyes, play, give attitude, cuddle, bicker, and love. And I am just a mom who loves the dickens out of her kids but who also gets equally frustrated and is ready to pack a bag and run for the hills. Or maybe just a local bar. I'd even settle for hiding in the closet with a bottle of wine. Our family life is not made of rainbow unicorns. And with all that being said, I hate seeing this:

Every year I want them home longer. I think school days are too long (yes, too long) and the school year is too long as well. People think I am nuts, but I wish school let out at 2:00. That's right. Two o'clock for every grade. Wishful thinking on my part.

There may come a time when my kids don't want to hang out with me anymore. And that makes me sad. I hope I am wrong. My sister-in-law has 3 grown sons and I love how they love to hang out with their parents still. I have asked her for the magic potion, but she swears she didn't use one. So I am crossing my fingers the girls follow their lead.

And in case the thought of home schooling came to mind, let me give one main reason why it won't ever happen:

And to all my friends who don't have the same thoughts, I do understand! So this one is for you:




No comments:

Post a Comment