Thursday, January 24, 2013

Orange Pound Cake


I absolutely love The Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten). I have all of her cookbooks . . . that's how much I love her. No, I haven't made all of her delicious spreads. But I do have my favorites. And her orange pound cake is one them. This time around, I omitted the final white donut like glaze, just too make it less sweet. But the intense orange flavor is still present from the orange zest and orange juice "bath" at the end. : )

The ingredients may look like a lot in terms of butter and eggs. But remember . . . this makes two loaves. Now whether or not you eat both loaves in one sitting . . . well that's another factor. : )

Juicing . . . 
(See honey, I DO use this contraption!)
Every last drop : )
My favorite part:
Well, actually she is my favorite part ♥
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Drool worthy recipe. Such a cute little sweetheart to share your bread with.

    ReplyDelete