Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fresh Spring Rolls with Shrimp

I was going to call this post "Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls," but that seemed weird; like I would use anything but fresh shrimp?! Anyhoo . . .  you get my drift, right?


Once a month I partake in a Dinner Club. We rotate houses and the host gets to pick the theme. This month was all about spa food. Oh how I wish I was at Miraval right now! I chose to make fresh spring rolls. No two sticks of butter in this recipe : )

I didn't follow a recipe. You really don't need to if you've tasted a spring roll. It's pretty easy to figure out the ingredients:
Red leaf lettuce, shredded carrots, cilantro, and mint leaves
Spring roll paper
Shrimp
Rice noodles

Soak spring roll paper in lukewarm water to get it pliable and start filling!
Be careful not to overstuff. Rice paper is very delicate and tears easily.
I started with the lettuce on the bottom, followed by carrots, noodles, then cilantro . . . 

Next I folded the roll once, tucked each side in and placed mint leaves and shrimp 
before giving it the final roll.

Ta dah! Shrimp on top!

Hope you make these and enjoy a "spa" moment!

P.S. I served these with a sweet chile sauce that I picked up from Trader Joe's.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, O M G. A dinner club - I'm moving, STAT. Haha. These look so fresh and delicious.

    ReplyDelete