Thursday, June 16, 2016

I Made Crack

Let me introduce you to, Crack:
Probably, the most addicting things I've made in awhile. 
Almost as good as the Christmas Crack I make every year. 

The brown sugar shortbread crust adds moisture without having to use tons of butter. Pair that with sweetened condensed milk (yes, you read that correctly), chocolate, and toffee...well need I say more?

Preheat oven to 350 F
Line 9x13 pan with foil and coat with cooking spray

3/4 cup room temperature butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar, not packed
1 3/4 cups flour

1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 T butter

2 cups chocolate chips
1 8 ounce bag of toffee bits

Beat butter and brown sugar for 3 minutes,
Add flour and combine.
Press mixture into prepared pan.
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes (shortbread should look golden)

Let cool for a bit.

In a saucepan, heat remaining butter and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
Pour over shortbread crust and put in oven for another 15 minutes (should be bubbly and brown, like a light caramel).

Take out of oven and spread chocolate chips. Put back into oven for 2 minutes (or until chips are glistening). Take out of oven and spread the melted chocolate. Lastly, sprinkle toffee bits evenly and lightly press into chocolate.

Let cool completely before cutting into bars. I like to refrigerate the whole pan, then lift foil out and cut into bars. I also store my bars in the fridge too.
Adapted from Cookies & Cups

2 comments:

  1. Now this is my kind of "crack" looks highly addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um just reading this! Looks ahmazeballs
    I will definitely be making this!
    I love your Christmas Crack too!
    We both love making our own variations of crack! he he he

    ReplyDelete