Thursday, June 13, 2013

My First Father's Day

Father's Day 
A day to honor and cherish THE special man who raised and loved me unconditionally.
This will be my first Father's Day . . . without my dad. Oh how I miss him so very much. Especially now. For the first time, I didn't mail out a card. For the first time, I won't be calling him on this Sunday morning. For the first time, I am going to watch my precious girls give their dad extra special love and I will feel sadness, envy, and joy all at once.

There will always be a first for everything. And although I will get through those firsts, sometimes unscathed and sometimes not, I will hate it each one until someday I just don't.

Dear Daddy,

We shared a lot of firsts together. Not quite a lifetime of firsts, but I would rather have those 41 years than none at all. Now it's time for me to go through those firsts all over again without you. Without you. Without you. Those words linger and haunt my soul with such heaviness. I still need you. If I could only hear you say, "Everything will be alright." 

Happy Father's Day to the most incredible father. I love you with all my heart. Thank you for always being my #1. 

Love,
Jennifer


2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Be happy that you had a GREAT father and that your husband is one too... Enjoy the day with your family! ~ Melike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you big hugs my friend!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete