Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Halibut en Papillote

That title post is a fancy schmancy way of saying, "I baked halibut in parchment paper." : ) 

Darling Hubby will soon be heading off to sea for his annual Alaskan fishing trip. Let's hope he will be just as lucky like his past trips:
This upcoming trip made me realize, I better get moving and clear out the 2 deep freezers (yes, TWO), and use up our halibut. I know what you must be thinking . . . frozen fish from almost a year ago?! GASP! Let me tell you, next to eating the fresh caught fish on site, I have never tasted anything more fresh! Whoever created the vacuum seal was a genius.

I love to grill so I forget how easy it is to bake with parchment. And the clean-up is just as simple. Thankfully, I had parchment paper on hand because propane I did not. This is by far the easiest way to make a weeknight dinner. If you have kids, this will be the easiest meal you will throw together. You can use whatever veggies you have on hand.

Preheat oven to 450 F. Cut parchment paper and fold in half.
1. Toss green beans, grape tomatoes, and sliced garlic with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Make a nest on one half of the parchment paper and put halibut on top.
3. Spoon a few more veggies on top along with the residual olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Fold other half of parchment paper over and give both ends a twist.
5. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 - 20 minutes. My halibut fillets were around 8 ounces.

No comments:

Post a Comment