Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Amish Cinnamon Bread


My dad loved sweets. He also loved pasta. And good cheese. Oh heck, he loved food. And wine : ) But everything was in moderation. 

Although my mom scaled down on her baking as they grew older, that never stopped my dad from indulging time to time. My favorite vacation moments were those spent in Paris and seeing his face light up as we would pass by or walked into one of the many bakeries. Talk about a kid in a candy store : )

I always enjoyed spoiling my dad with homemade baked goods. He was always a willing participant with any new recipe. I am going to miss having him try my latest and greatest.

Not sure how I came across this recipe for Amish Cinnamon Bread.
But I decided to give it a whirl. Can't go wrong with buttermilk : )
Also, I added 2 teaspoons of vanilla and a pinch of salt to this recipe.

I just love the textured swirls, seen from the outside, in the above picture. Hardest part was waiting for the bread to cool down so I could cut into it and see the cinnamon goodness. Oh and that lighter color of the bread? The best crunchy cinnamon crust ever!

Daddy, you would have loved this one.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy!!!! And I love your pink and orange plates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cinnamon bread and make it often, Your dad sounded like he had impeccable taste in food and life.

    ReplyDelete