Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's Krispies


Ah . . . take me back to my childhood, please! I loved Rice Krispie Treats when I was a kid. Oh, who are we kidding. I still love them. We don't make them very often in our house for a couple of reasons. First, they are very sweet and not the most healthy of snacks. Second, I am pretty sure I would eat the entire pan by myself. In. One. Sitting. : )

Do you remember how to make these sweet treats? If not let me refresh your memory; no need to call Mom. ; )
3 T butter
4 cups of miniature marshmallows
6 cups of Rice Krispies

Melt butter in large pot (I used my Le Creuset because it makes clean-up so easy)
Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Take off the heat and mix in cereal.
Spread evenly in 9x13x2 baking dish. I believe the original recipe says to use wax paper to help smooth out the mix. But I find wet hands are the best!
*For our special Valentine's treats, I added a few drops of Wilton Rose coloring.



Find some cute helpers and start cutting!
Tip: It's easier to cut out shapes if you dip your cutter in hot water. 
It also helps release the treat too.

 Don't forget to take turns. Oy!

And here you go!

 Now, don't you dare waste these precious scraps of goodness!

Roll 'em up and put 'em on a stick!
Instant Rice Krispie Pops without the extra sugar glue.
Happy Valentine's to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment