Monday, July 2, 2012

Karpouzi (Watermelon) Salad

We had a double date night last Friday at Petros. I fell in love with the karpouzi salad! This salad is so light and refreshing. The perfect pairing with summer and a cocktail or two. ; )

I loved it so much, I just had to recreate it on Sunday. I think I did a pretty good job, considering I didn't have Greek honey only regular. I hymned and hawed over using honey or agave nectar. Either one would have worked. But there is something about the floral taste of honey that goes well with this salad.


Karpouzi Salad:
seedless watermelon, cubed
tomatoes, diced heirlooms or small grape halved
feta
extra virgin olive oil
mint
honey
wedge of honey gouda goat cheese (this was my substitute for manouri - type of greek cheese)

Lightly toss everything in a bowl, except for the honey and cheese wedge. Drizzle honey on plate and plate salad. Drizzle more honey on top and garnish with cheese wedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment